Winter Gift Co-Locating with South Island Hospitality
22 October 2014
XPO Exhibitions (XPO) is very proud to announce the co-location of one of its newly acquired Trade shows, South Island Hospitality Show (SIHS) with the Winter NZ Gift & Homeware Fair, at the Horncastle Arena, Addington, Christchurch, on the 7th – 9th June 2015.
The South Island Hospitality Show (www.sihs.co.nz) has run successfully for a number of years in the South Island for those working in hospitality to learn about new trends in the industry as well as source exciting new products. Typical attendees to the show include Hotels, Motels, commercial kitchens and restaurant owners, cafes, and chefs, to name but a few. These influential buyers will no doubt be tempted by Winter Gift product ranges such as tableware, kitchenware, linens, décor furniture and the like.
With this is in mind, the show organisers believe that the strong synergies between both shows are a positive step forward.
“We saw a selection of hotel owners attending this year’s Winter Gift Fair looking to specify furnishings for new Christchurch hotel developments resulting in some significant orders for those showcasing the right product. So, the demand is there. XPO wants to foster this style of growth in the long term for the benefit of Gift Fair exhibitors and to ultimately help create a lively, vibrant environment. It’s a new value added reason to consider Winter Gift alongside the Auckland based Autumn and Spring Gift Fairs.” says Brent Spillane, Managing Director of XPO Exhibitions
What does this mean for Winter Gift Exhibitors?
• Winter Gift dates remain the same being 7th – 9th June 2015
• Two distinct full capacity floor plan areas will create approx 1400sqm for Winter Gift, and approx 1200sqm for SIHS (these proportions are estimated only and may vary based on demand)
• Repositioning of exhibitors already committed to 2015 Winter Gift is inevitable in order to accommodate both shows. (Gift will share the outside concourse in addition to approx 60% of main hall space, and SIHS area will include remainder of main halls space plus ‘back of house’)
• Exhibitor space will naturally be at a premium, first come first served.
• Visitors will be badged separately based on the show they have primarily come to visit – so you can distinguish whether it is a qualified gift retailer buyer or qualified hospitality buyer on your stand.
• We expect that visitor numbers across both events will swell to over 3000 (based on adding this year’s Winter Gift plus previous 2012 SIHS attendance) – i.e creating a wider buzz across the event
• SIHS will host a number of feature cooking classes, wine tasting, with support from the Restaurant Association of NZ, NZ Hospitality and the Chefs Association.
• Our advertising of the SIHS event will feature in key hospitality trade publications, also exposing our Winter Gift Fair brand to a wider audience.
• Joint networking functions will be hosted onsite for both Gift and Hospitality exhibitors and VIP guests.
“For those exhibitors with product ranges that do not entirely complement the hospitality and Gift trades, be rest assured we won’t be holding back in our traditional marketing to NZ retailer buyers – it’s business as usual, just on a far bigger and wider spectrum. We’re confident the initiative will help bring back many curious retailers to Christchurch who want to see what SIHS has to offer in addition to Winter Gift and we’re delighted to be reinvigorating the overall shows.” says Vanessa White, Sales Manager of South Island Hospitality Show and Neil Cording, Sales Manager of the NZ Gift & Homeware Fairs.
XPO has made a long-term commitment to the development and rebuild of Christchurch. The acquisition of the South Island Hospitality Show and the SouthMACH Show, plus the inaugural Canterbury buildnz | designex 2015 event and well established Winter Gift, is further evidence of their long term commitment to the region, and they are confident both shows will flourish. We saw a big opportunity with SIHS to invest in its development, bringing our event technology, marketing prowess and events infrastructure together, and importantly to bring more reasons for both Canterbury retailers and the hospitality trades to come along. The scale of Canterbury’s investment into new retail outlets, hotels, restaurants, cafes and the like is phenomenal. This trade only event will capture their every need.
Some key SIHS statistics:
• $2.1b Total South Island Food & Beverage (hospitality) sales of which $1.1b is in Canterbury
• 82% of 2013 South Island Hospitality Show visitors were directly involved in specifying, recommending or purchasing products
• 66% of 2013 South Island Hospitality Show visitors’ main reason to attend was to get new ideas and meet new suppliers.
Source: AMAA CAB reports & post show surveys
Some key Winter Gift Fair statistics:
• Last year Winter Gift attracted 1500 unique buyers, (combined, this event should attract 3000+ visitors)
• 82% of Winter Gift Fair visitors are based in the South Island
• 62% say that Winter Gift is a must attend event
Source: AMAA CAB reports & post show surveys
Based on feedback we’re confident we will fill every square inch of the venue. We would strongly suggest wholesalers consider making contact with Neil or Sandra right away. We would also encourage all wholesalers to start exploring new ranges that might capture the attention of both South Island retailers and hospitality owners alike in time for the co-located event.
If you are interested in exhibiting at the Winter Gift Fair please contact
Sandra Gorringe [email protected] 09 976 8330
Neil Cording [email protected] 09 976 8356
If you are interested in exhibiting within the South Island Hospitality Show please contact
Vanessa White [email protected] 09 976 8367
The New Zealand Gift & Homeware Fairs are trade only shows where retailers can view and order the latest product lines in one place, at one time. Season after season, NZ Gift Fairs are specifically timed to showcase a huge range of products just when shelves need restocking. www.giftfairs.co.nz
The South Island Hospitality Show is a dedicated hospitality exhibition providing catering, restaurant and accommodation industries with the latest products, services and equipment available. SIHS will also host a number of onsite events in addition to the main exhibition for you to gather vital information to help your business succeed. www.sihs.co.nz