buildnz | designex 17 – Biggest show in years!
14 August 2017
The building and construction industries have come out in force at NZ’s largest trade industry show.
Over 5,000 builders, designers, architects and safety specialists have enjoyed 3 very busy days exploring the latest product innovations and new technologies that are shaping the future of their industry – and they weren’t disappointed.
Add to this, the largest schedule of national and international speakers whose sole focus was to educate, share knowledge and present best practise solutions to all attending professionals from across the industry. buildnz | designex once again cemented itself as NZ’s leading and largest industry trade event – bar none!
A few key facts:
- 270+ national and international exhibiting companies
- Every inch of 4 halls and a massive 12,000m2 of exhibition space used
- 5,000 verified and audited industry visitors
- 82 Seminars, Workshops, Summits and Conferences
- 85 national and international speakers
- World leading keynote speakers
- The Pledge – An initiative asking building companies to pledge 1,000 apprentices across 3 days
- “The Build Summit”
- BCITO Business Growth Hub
- PrefabNZ & Unitec special features
And so much more…
buildnz | designex once again co-located with The National Safety Show providing an opportunity for visitors to stay on top of OSH regulations – embracing the latest workplace health and safety solutions.
Here are just a few comments from the 2017 attendees:
• “2015 was great but 2017 even better” buildnz | designex visitor
• A great success for our business giving great access to our key target audiences. Bring on next year!!! CEO – Aridon® Smart Wall Systems
• The attendees were of a high calibre ...a large number of excellent commercial opportunities and contacts. Thanks XPO!” National Sales Manager - Unreal Grass
As Auckland’s construction boom continues to grow at unprecedented levels this year’s buildnz | designex presented a range of new initiatives and much more interactive special features designed to address some of the challenges we’re all facing across the industry.
Such initiatives included the BCITO Business Growth Hub – offering a chance for employers to meet potential apprentices and learn about the tool kit to successful hiring. ‘Pledge 1,000 Apprentices’ saw trade visitors pledge online just how many staff they were looking for before meeting up with the BCITO team. The PrefabNZ & Unitec interactive display saw university students applying their knowledge to prefabricated structures onsite.
‘The Build Summit’ was a brand-new initiative providing an intensive 2-day conference style option for business owners to hear from more than 30 industry leaders.
Back on the floor saw the return of world renown keynote speakers Professor’s Mark & Jane Burry – sharing their learnings as researchers and architects for Antoni Gaudí’s Sagrada Família Basilica: from humble origins to an ambitious conclusion.
The overall 3 day industry led seminars featured over 80 topics from 85 speakers, touched on all the current industry topics from the benefits of BIM to the new HSWA to Building Sustainability to the latest regulations around product compliance and evaluations.
And finally, XPO Exhibitions is excited to announce in 2018 buildnz | designex (co-located with the National Safety Show) returns to Auckland as demand for the regions construction boom continues. With a high number of exhibitors already confirmed, next year in July is set to be even bigger. Follow the buildnz | designex website and Facebook pages for event updates!
View the buildnz | designex 2017 video highlights on the buildnz YouTube page or via www.buildnz.com